Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eye color changing / fading?

Ok, when I was a bit younger, my eyes used to be a really, really, bright blue. As the years have gone by, the color has faded and my eyes are almost a blue grey-ish color. Why did that happen? Is there any way to get my eyes back to the bright blue?Eye color changing / fading?
Sorry, I don't think there can be anything done.





Eye colours change over time. I used to have dark brown eyes, but now they are green with a brown ring around the pupil. I know, weird eh?





But your unique eye colour probably won't return, sorry! Don;t worry, over 15% of peoples eye colour changes or fades(I thought more, most people I know have eyes that have changed) It can be due to genetics, age or disease.Eye color changing / fading?
It could be age, it could be a medicine you are taking. I don't think you can get the color back.
There's a drug called Xalatan that can cause changes in eye color. The iris, which is the colored part of the eye, may darken due to an increase in brown color. These changes may be more noticeable in patients with more than one


color in their eyes (such as green-brown or blue-brown).





Another drug that is sometimes used in the treatment of glaucoma can, paradoxically, cause either an increase or a decrease in iris pigmentation. Levobunolol (sold under the trade name ';Betagan';) typically darkens the irises.





Aging, however, is the usual cause of color change over time. So, yes color can change as we age. It does so for 10 to 15% of the normal Caucasian population. These people's eyes change slowly over many years after they reach adolescence. Some get darker, some get lighter.


The granules which pigment your eyes, may increase as you get older, making them darker. And, no there's no way to reverse this.
It happens to alot of people, and i dont think there is any way to get them the way they used to be. Try using colored contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries