Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our baby's eye color will be?

I have brown eyes...(kind of dark)


and hubby has light brown/hazel with some green in it.


my FIL has beautiful Emerald Green eyes.


What are the chances my kid is going to have green eyes?





My husbands Grandfather has green eyes..and grandmother has Dark brown...thier kids came out with green, blue and brown eyees..Our baby's eye color will be?
Unfortunately, you do not mention anything about your parents...





Since your father in law has green eyes and your husband has brown eyes, your husband most probably has both a recessive and a dominant gene, so from his side, the baby has a 50-50 chance or having light coloured eyes (blue, green, grey).





You say you have dark brown eyes... What about your parents? Your grand parents?


If everyone has brown eyes in your family, then your baby will most probably have brown eyes since you will pass on a dominant gene.


If there are also light coloured eyes in your family, then you might have a dominant and a recessive gene like your husband, so from your side, the baby would also have a 50-50 chance or having light coloured eyes.


If that's the case, remember that as soon as one of you passes on a dominant gene, the baby's eyes will be dark.





B = Dominant


b = Recessive





Husband: You: Baby:


B B Dark eyes


b B Dark eyes


B b Dark eyes


b b Light coloured eyesOur baby's eye color will be?
I have dark brown eyes and my husband has hazel eyes (he says green). Both of daughters have brown eyes. But, our son has the coolest amber colored eyes. His eyes can look brown or hazel depending on what he wears.





Chances are that brown eyes are dominant, but, your child could end up with the recessive gene for green eyes. You won't know until about 6 months, when the true color comes in.
My father had dark brown eyes, his parents had blue, my mother has the blue eyes that turn green depending on her moods, my mom's sisters are brown eyes, my mom's mother had the light blue, my sister had hazel eyes (we don't know anyone in family with hazel), my brother has dark brown eyes, and I have my mom's eyes which turn green (not emerald green! bummer! ,more like a pond algae green color) whenever I wear pink. I have 4 children, they are all blue eyed, but not my blue - more like their father's Crayola cornflower blue crayon color, the color found in the 64 ct crayon box.





Your child might come out with hazel eyes. Anyone taking bets? LOL





Either way, I'm sure it'll be a beautiful bundle of joy for you guys, congratulations!
My husband has green eyes and i have dark brown, my older two have light brown and medium brown eyes, while my youngest has hazel green eyes, and he was the only one that was born with blue eyes, so you may very well have chance, but its slim.
brown
Brown eyes are dominant so more chances they will be brown.
Brown is the dominate color. What color eyes do your parents have? If they both have dark color eyes then there is a greater chance that your child will also have dark eyes, however if they both have light color eyes your child has a greater chance of having light colored eyes
probably brown, but what shade could b anybodies guess. they might have flecks of green in them. i think they will have beautiful eyes with those genes





congrats on the pregnancy
Your baby has a 25% chance (1 in 4) of having blue eyes and a 75% chance (3 in 4) of having brown eyes. It's genetics. My four kids all have blue eyes since their father and myself both have blue eyes and all four grandparents have blue eyes. If they had brown - my husband would think I was ------ with the mailman!LOL.


All babies are born with blue eyes and you won't be able to tell the colour for sure until he/she is six months old.
like the rest the chance are slim but you do have a chance (i will be crossing my fingers for ya) I too was hoping my son would come out with colored eyes but no luck for me I was hoping because 4 out of my 7 brothers have beautiful greeen eyes and i have i guess you could say light brown eyes my father has really light brown eyes but none of my kids (i have 5) have colored nor do my nieces and nephews so hopefully the colored eyed fairy will be in your corner...GOOD LUCK!!
The chances are pretty slim. Your baby will most likely have Brown eyes because it's the dominent gene over blue eyes. Green eyes are acutally a mutation so it's difficult to determine if it'll be passed on.
the odds are against you , darker eyes are domininant.. however, i have green and my husband has brown, and all three of my kids have blue eyes :) (from MY grandmother).
I'm with you on that, my childs father has brown eyes, and I have blue-gray eyes. My Dad has blue eyes and my mom has Green and my brother and I ended up with Blue, but as far as my child I hope he has blue eyes like me. I hope your child has the color eyes you want him to, its just a roll of the dice of what your child has.
all babies eyes start out as blue
At least they won't be like this: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/m鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries